Athens Burn Injury Attorney
Accidents that lead to burn injuries are among the most dangerous and terrifying. Burn injuries are often the result of traffic accidents and accidents on the job (construction workers are especially vulnerable). If someone else’s negligence leaves you with a burn injury, consult with an experienced burn injury attorney in Athens today.
Burns are often painful injuries that are slow to heal and can lead to long-term health complications. Some of the most serious issues associated with burn injuries include:
- Serious burns on the face or neck can be permanently disfiguring.
- Burns can lead to bacterial infections, which can result in life-threatening sepsis.
- The scarring caused by burns can lead to areas of ridged skin, which is caused by an overgrowth of scar tissue.
- The intake of smoke and hot air during the course of the accident can cause breathing problems.
- Burns can lead to a dangerously low body temperature and to dangerously low blood volume (due to fluid loss).
- The scar tissue that grows in reaction to the burn can cause the skin, muscles, and/or tendons to shorten and tighten, which can lead to bone and joint issues.
Burn injuries are not always caused by fire directly. They can also be the result of any of the following common effects of traffic accidents and/or accidents on construction sites:
- Escaping hot liquid or steam
- Hot metal, glass, and/or other surfaces
- Electrical currents
- Strong toxic chemicals such as gasoline, acids, and more
Don’t Wait to Contact with an Experienced Burn Injury Lawyer in Athens
If someone else’s negligence leaves you with a burn injury, the dedicated Athens burn injury attorneys at the law offices of Ben F. Windham, PC, are committed to fighting for the best possible resolution of your case. We’re here to help, so please don’t hesitate to contact us online or call us at 833.236.9467 to schedule a free consultation today.