Truck Driver Errors are a Leading Cause of Crashes
When you drive to work or to run errands, you likely see several commercial trucks along the way. We drive next to these giant vehicles on a daily basis, yet we do not always appreciate the risks these trucks present – that is, until you are injured in a serious truck crash.
You have the right to recover for your injuries and losses if someone else was to blame for your truck accident, but how do you know who is responsible? Often, truck driver error is the cause of a crash, and an Atlanta truck accident attorney can help to pinpoint and prove the exact cause of your crash for you.
Common Mistakes on the Road
While truck drivers have special licenses and training, they are still human, and they can make mistakes like anyone else behind the wheel. Some common truck driver errors include:
- Driving too fast for road, traffic, or weather conditions
- Failing to properly inspect the truck
- Exceeding hours of service restrictions or driving while fatigued
- Impaired driving – either by alcohol, drugs, or even prescription medication
- Driving with a health condition that can impact their driving abilities
- Distracted driving, including texting or talking to loved ones
- Following other vehicles too closely
- Not properly checking blind spots prior to lane changes
- Violating any other traffic laws or federal trucking regulations
When a truck driver is at fault, the trucking company that employs the driver can also be liable for your losses. It is important to file claims with all applicable insurance companies to maximize your recovery.
Seek Help from an Atlanta Truck Accident Lawyer
The law office of Ben F. Windham, P.C., handles truck accident claims involving many different causes and liable parties. If you suffered injuries, please contact us for your free consultation and case evaluation as soon as possible.