Baldwin County Boating Accident Lawyer
Boating accidents reportedly killed 767 Americans and injured 3,191 others in one recent year alone. Although thousands of Americans love using boats for leisure activities like fishing and skiing, these boats also present the risks of serious accidents. These accidents can result in costly injuries that might change a victim’s life or leave families with a tragic loss.
If you or someone you love suffered injuries in a boat crash, you should know your legal options to seek compensation for your losses. Speak with a Baldwin County boating accident lawyer as soon as possible to start building a possible case.
Causes of Boating Accidents
Boating is mostly fun, but it also requires focus and responsible decision-making on the part of the boat operator. Some common causes of boating accidents include:
- Ignoring the Weather – Ignoring weather updates and warnings is a leading cause of boating accidents. Being on the water in adverse weather can cause capsizing and other serious incidents.
- Speeding – Carefully monitoring and controlling speed is critical for any boat operation. If someone ignores speed limits, weather conditions, boat traffic, or other factors and goes too fast, an accident can result.
- Boat Defects – Serious mechanical failures also cause boating accidents. These failures include electrical issues, faulty batteries that won’t start boat motors, and dysfunctional lights that make boats impossible to see.
- Impaired Boating – Boating and having a beer often go hand-in-hand, but operators should never be impaired or they risk making serious mistakes.
- Distracted Boating – Boat operators can be distracted from the water ahead for many reasons, which can cause them to crash into something.
Contact a Baldwin County Boating Accident Attorney Now
Do you want to know your rights to financial recovery if you or your loved one suffered injuries in a boating accident? Don’t hesitate to get the help of a Baldwin County boating accident lawyer at Ben F. Windham, P.C. Please contact us online or call 833.236.9467 for a free case evaluation today.