Baldwin County Burn Injury Lawyer
Burns are common domestic and workplace injuries. These injuries can cause severe pain and suffering, if not death. Many burn victims need extensive medical treatment, and they might be left with disfigurement and scarring.
Serious burns can result from the following factors, among others:
- Electrical burns
- Scalding from boiling liquids
- Chemicals exposure
- Contact with hot surfaces or steam
If your burns resulted from another person’s negligence, you can file a claim against them for compensation. If you would like to know your legal rights and options after a burn injury, seek help from a Baldwin County burn injury attorney right away.
Burn Injury Degrees
Burns have different severity degrees that determine the kind of medical attention a patient needs. Their symptoms also differ based on how deep the burn penetrated the skin. The following are different degrees of burn diagnoses:
- 1st-degree burns are minor because they only affect the skin’s outer layer, causing minor reddening and pain.
- 2nd-degree burns affect the skin’s outer and second layers and cause swelling and redness. They may also cause blisters, deep pain, and scarring.
- 3rd-degree burns penetrate the skin’s fat layer. The burned area might turn black, white, or brown. The burn might also destroy nerves and cause impairments or tissue death.
Some burns don’t require medical attention. However, it’s safe to consult a doctor under the following circumstances:
- Electricity or a corrosive chemical caused the burn.
- Your skin looks leathery.
- You have breathing difficulties.
- The burn covers your feet, face, or hands.
- The burn reached your skin’s deepest layers.
- You notice large blisters that don’t heal.
- The burn covers a lot of skin area.
- The wound starts showing infection symptoms by oozing pus or reddening.
Consult with a Baldwin County Burn Injury Attorney Today
Have you sustained severe burns that resulted in losses and someone else might be at fault? Don’t hesitate to talk to our team at Ben F. Windham, PC, for help. Please don’t wait to contact us online or call 833.236.9467 for a free consultation.