Baldwin County Car Accident Lawyer
The National Highway Transportation Safety Administration (NHTSA) reports that over 6.5 million accidents happen yearly in the U.S. On average, these accidents cause 2.7 million injuries and kill over 36,000 motorists each year. At the law office of Ben F. Windham, P.C., our Baldwin County car accident attorneys assist victims of car accidents and their families, so please reach out if you need assistance today.
Common Causes of Car Accidents
Car accidents in Baldwin County can have various causes, including:
- Distracted Driving – Distracted driving has become a leading cause of accidents across the U.S.
- Speeding -Speeding is another leading cause of accidents, especially on our highways.
- Drunk Driving – Drunk driving is a common – and completely preventable – cause of devastating crashes.
- Reckless Driving – Recklessness behind the wheel can involve a wide range of serious traffic violations.
- Running Red Lights – Drivers who run red lights regularly cause side-impact collisions.
- Teenage Drivers – Teenage drivers often cause accidents because most of them lack the necessary experience to drive safely.
- Night Driving – Driving at night doubles the possibility of accidents due to poor visibility.
- Design Defects – Defective brakes, tires, ignition switches, airbags, and other vehicle parts can cause severe car crashes.
Injuries From Car Accidents
Crashes can result in severe injuries, which makes it important for victims to seek the compensation they deserve. Common injuries are:
- Internal Injuries – Car accidents can damage internal organs and cause internal bleeding.
- Limb Loss and Amputations – Some car crash survivors lose a limb or undergo surgical amputations due to irreparable crush injuries or burns.
- Brain Injuries – Car accident survivors regularly suffer severe concussions and brain injuries that can cause long-term disability.
- Back Injuries – Back injuries are common in collisions, and the severity varies based on the force of the impact.
- Burns – Burns can happen when a car catches fire following a collision.
- Fractures – A car accident survivor can fracture numerous bones, including legs, wrists, ribs, and arms.
- Spinal Cord Injuries and Paralysis – In a crash, someone might suffer severe spinal cord injuries and possible paralysis.
Contact a Baldwin County Car Accident Lawyer Today
Have you suffered any of the above injuries in a car accident and want to know your rights? A Baldwin County car accident attorney from Ben F. Windham, P.C. can assist you. Please contact us online or call 833.236.9467 for a free case assessment.