Baldwin County Premises Liability Lawyer
Premises liability claims arise when a person suffers injuries due to someone else’s unsafe or defective premises. Businesses and property owners have the duty to maintain their premises in a reasonably safe condition, which involves inspecting the property and addressing any possible hazards that might cause injuries. If an owner fails to do so, and a visitor or customer gets hurt, the negligent owner should be liable for all the injuries and losses that result.
If you suffered injuries in an accident due to property hazards, you should not wait to contact a Baldwin County premises liability attorney today.
Types of Premises Liability Cases
Premises liability cases and injuries take various forms. Some common conditions and incidents that fall under premises liability include:
- Slip and fall accidents
- Falls down stairs
- Escalator or elevator accidents
- Balcony or porch collapses
- Inadequate security that allows assaults
- Dog bites
- Preventable fires or electrical accidents
- Flooding or leaking water
- Swimming pool accidents and drowning
Legal Grounds for Premises Liability Cases
Like every type of legal claim, you must prove certain elements to recover for your losses. For a premises liability claim, this includes:
- That the defendant owns, leases, or manages the property on which you were injured
- You were not trespassing on the premises
- The property’s owner had a duty of care towards you and didn’t meet it, causing your injuries
- You suffered damages, such as medical bills, as a result
Property owners will often try to blame the victims, such as by stating they fell because of clumsiness or distraction. We can work to challenge these defenses and protect your rights to compensation.
Talk to a Baldwin County Product Liability Lawyer Today
At the law firm of Ben F. Windham, PC, we work to hold negligent parties liable for the injuries they cause, including in premises liability claims. Please contact us online or call 833.236.9467 for a free case assessment.