Baldwin County Truck Accident Lawyer
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reports that in all the traffic injuries and deaths involving large trucks in a recent year, close to 75% of the victims occupied the other vehicles. People in cars and SUVs are far more likely to suffer life-changing injuries in truck crashes, and these victims deserve to have their rights protected. Learn how a Baldwin County truck accident lawyer can help you following your truck crash and injuries.
Injuries From Truck Accidents
Truck accidents can cause various types of injuries that require immediate medical treatment and have lasting effects, including:
- Amputations – A crush injury can cause extensive damage that requires the affected limb to undergo an amputation.
- Spinal Cord Damage – Spinal cord injuries are also common in truck accidents when victims suffer back trauma. Severe spinal injuries can also paralyze a victim permanently or temporarily.
- Lacerations and Abrasions – Truck accident victims also suffer abrasions and lacerations that can require sutures or even permanently disfigure them.
- Fractured Bones – Truck accidents commonly cause broken bones, and victims might break their ribs, legs, or any other bone.
- Severe Burns – Some truck accidents cause explosions or fires, leading to severe burns.
Compensation for Truck Accidents
A truck accident victim can file claims for different economic and non-economic damages. Economic damages cover their medical expenses, medication costs, lost income, lost future earnings, and funeral/burial expenses if a loved one dies.
Non-economic damages are also available for survivors and families of those who die in truck accidents. These damages include mental and physical pain, permanent disfigurement, and other suffering.
Contact a Baldwin County Truck Accident Attorney Today
Have you or your loved one suffered in a truck accident, and do you need to file a claim for damages? A Baldwin County truck accident lawyer can help you, so please contact us online or call 833.236.9467 for a free consultation to evaluate your case.