Bibb County Nursing Home Neglect/Abuse Lawyer
Nursing home abuse and neglect have been a growing problem in the U.S. for some time. However, the United States Human Rights Watch points out that COVID-19 has escalated neglect and abuse in U.S. nursing homes. The organization interviewed over 60 people and examined reports from other independent resources, and it exposed the following concerns our seniors face in these institutions:
- Untreated bedsores
- Poor hygiene
- Mental and bodily deterioration
- Physical injuries
- Excessive weight loss
Is all hope lost for the victims? Definitely, not. Families of these neglected and abused elders can enlist a Bibb County nursing home abuse attorney to sue for justice. Keep reading to learn how your elderly relative can benefit.
What Causes Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect?
The causes of nursing home abuse and neglect differ, however, the following are the leading causes in many nursing homes:
- Burnout among nursing home workers due to long working hours causes some caregivers to physically or verbally abuse residents.
- Greed among some nursing home workers makes them get closer to residents to take money, forge their checks, or steal their credit cards and life savings.
- Poor or zero supervision in some of these homes exposes innocent residents to abusive and negligent workers.
- Understaffing among many facilities causes acute stress among fewer employees, grossly interfering with their ability to attend to residents effectively.
- Selfish management decisions can compromise the quality of service residents deserve. For instance, some nursing home owners hire cheaper and incompetent employees who abuse residents.
Consult a Bibb County Nursing Home Neglect/Abuse Attorney Today
Has your loved one suffered abuse or neglect in a nursing home? Don’t hesitate to seek justice for them today with the help of Ben F. Windham, PC. Please contact us online or call 833.236.9467 for a free consultation.