Bibb County Product Liability Lawyer
The United States Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) estimates that defective products kill 21,400 Americans and injure 29.4 million others annually. Additionally, the U.S. spends $700 billion handling deaths, injuries, and property damages these products cause. The good news is that the law gives rights to those consumers who suffer injuries due to defective or dangerous products. If you need assistance with this type of situation, contact a Bibb County product liability attorney right away.
What is a Product Liability Case?
Legally, product liability is the responsibility of any or all of the parties in a product’s manufacturing chain when the product harms users. The chain might include design, manufacturing raw materials, assembling, wholesaling, product installation, and retailing.
So far, the United States has no federal law governing product liability standards. Instead, individual states are free to enact their own laws. These laws center on key components of product liability theory, such as warranty breach, negligence, and strict liability.
Injuries from Defective Products
Defective products can injure consumers in various ways. Some of the injuries consumers can suffer include the following:
- Traumatic injuries from product mishaps
- Diseases stemming from toxic exposure
- Fatal or injurious side effects arising from using prescription or non-prescription drugs
- Injuries and health complications from defective medical devices
- Cancer diagnosis or other diseases arising from exposure to asbestos and other dangerous metals
Speak to a Bibb County Product Liability Lawyer Now
The law allows you to file a claim against a liable party to recover damages caused by defective products. Some of the damages you can recover include:
- Past and future medical costs
- Lost income
- Reduced earning ability due to partial or total disability
- Bodily or emotional pain
Don’t hesitate to be proactive and contact us online or call 833.236.9467 to book a free case-evaluation session today. Our legal team at Ben F. Windham, PC, is waiting to help.