Bibb County RV and Motorhome Accident Lawyer
RVs and motorhomes are favorites among many Americans and provide the freedom to hit the open road for an extended period of time. Unfortunately, they also are involved in serious accidents that can leave victims with severe and life-changing injuries. If you have suffered injuries in a crash involving a recreational vehicle, call our motorhome and RV attorney today to discuss your case.
RV Accident Facts
The Recreational Vehicle Industry Association (RVIA) issued a statement suggesting that these vehicles are “inherently safe” and don’t need testing. Unfortunately, the hard data indicates otherwise:
- A few years ago, a NHTSA report revealed that RV accidents caused 75,000 injuries.
- On average, RV accidents cause 26 deaths annually, a third of the average fatality rate of all vehicles.
Safety Tips for RV and Motorhomes
If you are an RV or motorhome operator or see them on the road, there are certain steps you can take to minimize your risk of of involvement in an accident:
Be Aware of Blind Spots
Both motorhome operators and other drivers should be aware of blind spots and take steps to mitigate the risks they pose. For other drivers, this means being aware of larger vehicle’s blind spots and staying out of them. For RV drivers, it means being sure to check your blind spots as much as possible prior to changing lanes.
Don’t Drive When Fatigued
Don’t drive when fatigued if because driver fatigue causes many RV accidents. Avoid fatigued driving by doing the following:
- Getting sufficient sleep and rest.
- Planning your trip realistically to avoid overworking yourself to meet tiring, unrealistic distance targets.
- Driving in shifts if you’re a married couple or have several drivers within your family network on the motorhome.
- Napping and resting when tired before returning to the road.
Consult a Bibb County RV and Motorhome Accident Lawyer Today
If you have been hurt in an accident involving an RV or a motorhome, it’s in your best interest to contact an attorney as soon as you can. At Ben F. Windham, P.C., we are committed to helping injured victims recover the compensation they deserve under the law. To schedule your free case evaluation, call our office today at 833.236.9467 or contact us online.