Butts County Rental Car Accident Attorney
The motorist behind the wheel of that rental car is just as responsible as any other driver for following the rules of the road and for proceeding safely. If instead, he or she drives negligently, dangerous accidents are often the result. If the negligence of a rental car’s driver leaves you injured, there are specific steps you should take to help ensure you receive the compensation to which you are entitled, and one of them includes consulting with an experienced Butts County rental car accident lawyer.
Six Critical Steps
If you’ve been injured in a rental car accident, taking the following six steps is well-advised:
- Move as far off of the road – and out of the path of oncoming traffic – as you can.
- Call 911 to report the accident.
- Accept medical care at the scene of the accident, and if it isn’t offered, seek medical care from your doctor as soon as possible.
- Exchange contact and insurance information with the at-fault driver but do not talk about the accident (your words can later be taken out of context or can be misconstrued as an admission of guilt or partial blame).
- Take pictures and videos of the accident site and any other pertinent factors. It’s also a good idea to jot down your recollections about how the accident happened in order to keep your memories fresh.
- Consult with an insightful rental car accident attorney.
Speak with an Experienced Butts County Rental Car Accident Lawyer Today
If you’ve been injured by someone else’s negligence in a rental car accident, the formidable Butts County rental car accident attorneys at Ben F. Windham, PC, are standing by to help. Our legal team puts your best interests first, so please don’t hesitate to contact us online or call us at 833.236.9467 to schedule your free consultation today.