Butts County Wrongful Death Lawyer
Almost 175,000 people die each year from unintentional injuries. These can include injuries from car accidents, falls, nursing home abuse, or even violent assaults. If you recently lost your loved one in a tragic incident, you might be wondering about your rights and what to do. Don’t hesitate to reach out to an experienced Butts County wrongful death lawyer for more information.
How a Lawyer Can Help
First, our legal team will speak with you about what happened and determine whether you have a valid claim for wrongful death. Our evaluation depends on:
- Was the fatal incident caused by another party’s negligence or wrongful conduct?
- Are you a surviving spouse or child of the deceased?
- If there is no spouse or child, are you a parent or the personal representative of the deceased’s estate?
Then, we look to the damages that might be available, which have two categories:
- Damages for the full value of the deceased’s life, including lost future earnings, companionship, services, support, or care of the deceased
- Damages for the estate’s losses, such as medical or funeral bills and the pain and suffering they experienced
The next step is to file a claim seeking these damages. Even though you’ve just been through a tragedy, you should not expect the insurance company to be on your side at all. Insurers can be difficult and frustrating, even to families who lost someone. The good news is that your attorney will handle all of the insurance communications and fight for your rights while you focus on your family and your grief.
Speak with Our Committed Butts County Wrongful Death Attorneys Today
If you lost a loved one in an accident, you want a Butts County wrongful death lawyer from the legal team of Ben F. Windham, PC, on your side. Contact us online or call 833.236.9467 for free.