Clayton County Car Accident Attorney
In a recent year, more than 10,000 car crashes were reported in Clayton County, which comes out to over 27 per day. If you drive or ride in a vehicle in this area, a car accident can happen to you. If you suffer injuries in a collision, it is important to contact a Clayton County car accident attorney as soon as possible.
At least 134 crashes were suspected of causing severe injuries to one or more people involved, and 51 crashes resulted in fatalities. Of those fatal crashes:
- 17 involved alcohol
- Four involved speeding
- Four involved motorcyclists
- 20 involved pedestrians
There are likely many other causes of crashes, including distracted driving, that went unreported.
What to Do After an Accident
No matter how or why a crash occurs, it is important to protect your rights as much as possible. This can begin right after that accident happens, as you should consider the following:
- Call 911, especially if you are injured, or you believe someone violated the law to cause the crash
- Never apologize or say anything that could be construed as admitting fault
- Always seek immediate medical attention if you have any signs of possible injuries
- Once your physical condition is stable, call a Clayton County car accident lawyer who can evaluate your rights and options
If another driver or party was responsible for your accident, their insurer should also be responsible for covering your injury-related losses. These can include medical expenses, lost income, pain and suffering, and more.
Learn How a Clayton County Car Accident Lawyer Can Help
The legal team of Ben F. Windham, PC, handles all types of car accident claims in Clayton County, including those involving serious injuries or even death. Contact us online or call 833.236.9467 to learn more about the many ways we help car crash victims today.