College Park Rental Car Accident Attorney
Car accidents are never easy, but being in a car accident while in a rental car adds an additional layer of complications. Generally, claims involving rental car accidents proceed the same way that any other type of car accident would, but there are some differences you should know. If you’ve been injured in a rental car accident, it’s time to call a College Park rental car accident attorney.
If another motorist leaves you injured in a rental car accident, the car accident basics apply. These include:
- Safely pull off the road
- Call 911
- Seek medical attention
- Consult with an experienced personal injury lawyer
This is always the best course of action after a car accident of any magnitude.
The Unique Qualities of Rental Car Accidents
The aspect that makes rental car accidents unique is the way insurance coverage will apply, and there are generally four basic options that include:
- The Rental Car Company’s Insurance – There are different kinds of insurance that the rental company is likely to offer you, and these usually include a waiver for collision, liability coverage, personal accident coverage that covers you and your passengers’ medical expenses, and personal effects coverage that covers any loss of personal property (kept in the rental car).
- Your Own Car Insurance – This coverage can overlap with the insurance company’s for liability and may provide comprehensive and collision coverage for the rental vehicle (depending upon your policy).
- Your Credit Card Company’s Rental Car Insurance – Depending upon the kind of credit card you use, it may provide insurance coverage for the rental car (minus liability coverage – if you are at fault).
- The At-Fault Driver’s Car Insurance – If you’re injured by a negligent driver while in a rental, you will file a claim with his or her insurance company.
The fact is that the path forward with insurance after a rental car accident is even more complicated than for standard car accidents, and it is in your best interest to work closely with an experienced rental car accident attorney.
Consult with an Experienced Rental Car Accident Lawyer in College Park
Rental car accidents are uniquely complicated. The experienced College Park rental car accident attorneys at the law offices of Ben F. Windham, PC, are committed to helping you obtain compensation that covers the full extent of your damages. We’re here to help, so please don’t hesitate to contact us online or call us at 833.236.9467 for a free consultation today.