College Park Truck Accident Attorney
Truck accidents are among the most dangerous accidents on our roads, and they are often caused by negligent truck drivers. The immense difference in size between the semi-trucks that dominate our highways and the cars we drive leaves motorists especially vulnerable to injuries in truck accidents. If a trucker’s negligence leaves you injured, you need the professional legal counsel of an experienced truck accident lawyer in College Park on your side.
The Trucking Industry
Our bustling economy drives the trucking industry, which is why our roadways are teaming with big rigs. Because the trucking industry is growing so quickly, some trucking companies push the legal limits, including:
- Requiring their truck drivers to work beyond the rules and regulations related to hours of service
- Hiring truckers who do not have the requisite knowledge, experience, and safety records
- Failing to perform required truck maintenance
- Failing to ensure that their rigs are loaded safely and securely
The fact is that trucking companies and truck drivers are responsible for maintaining safe rigs that are driven safely, and when they fail to do so, dangerous accidents can ensue.
Every truck accident is unique with its own circumstances, but they are often the result of the following causes:
- Truck driver error or negligence, such as driver distraction, impairment, exhaustion, aggression, and more
- Trucking companies that cut safety corners
- Truck drivers who fail to accommodate for the condition of the road, including the effects of inclement weather
Truck drivers are professional drivers who are held to stricter safety standards than non-commercial drivers for one very good reason – to help keep our roads safer for everyone.
Contact an Experienced Truck Accident Lawyer in College Park Today
If you’ve been injured by a truck driver’s negligence, a dedicated College Park truck accident attorney at the law offices of Ben F. Windham, PC, can skillfully advocate for the compensation to which you are entitled. For a free consultation, please don’t hesitate to contact us online or call us at 833.236.9467 today.