Common Causes of Commercial Truck Crashes
Commercial truck accidents often cause pain, limitations, and long-term losses to victims. Some escape with varying degrees of injuries, while others tragically do not survive. Fortunately, truck accident victims or their families can team up with Morrow truck accident attorneys to seek fair compensation for their injuries and other losses.
What Commonly Causes Commercial Truck Crashes in Georgia?
In order to recover financially for losses from truck accident injuries or fatalities, you need to identify the cause of the crash and who should be responsible. Many factors cause commercial truck drivers in Georgia, including:
- Speeding – Some truck drivers speed in order to make their delivery schedules. Other drivers habitually speed even when they’re still on time. Regardless of the reason, speeding can cause serious accidents.
- Driver Fatigue – Fatigue causes commercial truck accidents. Some truck companies break established laws and regulations governing driver shifts, sleep time, and rest breaks. Eventually, their fatigued drivers cause accidents.
- Incorrect Cargo Loading – Incorrect cargo loading can cause cargo spills, unbalanced trailers, and other problems.
- Poor Driver Training – Disobeying proper driver training regulations and requirements produces incompetent drivers who are more likely to cause accidents than thoroughly trained ones.
- Driver Distraction – Truck drivers can find many ways to entertain themselves during long shifts alone on the road, and many of these activities – such as texting or talking to loved ones – can be dangerously distracting.
- Driving Under the Influence – One study revealed that 30% of truck drivers confessed to using alcohol and other stimulating drugs to keep them alert. Unfortunately, impaired driving often results in serious crashes.
Common Commercial Truck Accident Injuries
Commercial truck accidents have serious consequences, including wrongful death. Victims can sustain different injuries such as:
- Neck injuries
- Broken bones
- Head and brain injuries
- Internal injuries
- Spinal injuries and paralysis
Call Us Today to Speak with a Morrow Truck Accident Lawyer
Do you want to get just compensation for your injuries and losses from a commercial truck accident? Don’t wait to consult with the legal team of Ben F. Windham, PC, today at 833.236.9467 or by contacting us online.