Covington Burn Injury Attorney
Burns can result from many types of accident, and can completely disrupt your life. Burns are often extremely painful, and this type of injury often requires ongoing medical care for months or years. Burn victims may lose the functioning of certain body parts or may have permanent disfigurement from scarring.
Burn victims and their families can incur devastating losses after an accident. In many cases, however, the law will allow you to recover for your losses by filing an insurance claim or a personal injury lawsuit. You should always have the help of an experienced Covington burn injury attorney like Ben F. Windham.
Types of Burn Injuries and Losses
There are different degrees of burn injuries, as follows:
- 1st-degree – Only affects the outer layer of skin and can often be treated with home first aid.
- 2nd-degree – Affects multiple layers of the skin and should get professional medical attention.
- 3rd-degree – Affects all of the layers of the skin and can damage muscle or other soft tissue.
- 4th-degree – Causes serious damage under the skin to muscle, bone, and even organs.
Burns can lead to infections, skin grafts, and extensive time in a burn center. The costs of treating a burn injury are often overwhelming, and you should learn about your right to compensation. We handle burn cases arising from many types of accidents, including:
- Motor vehicle crashes
- Workplace accidents
- Electrical accidents
- Premises liability accidents
Find Out How a Burn Injury Attorney in Covington Can Help
The law office of Ben F. Windham, P.C. works with clients who sustained devastating injuries, such as severe burns. We know how to handle the legal process to obtain the maximum possible compensation in every case. Please call us at 833.236.9467 or contact us online for a free case evaluation with Covington burn injury attorney.