Douglasville Nursing Home Neglect and Abuse Attorneys
Nursing homes are necessary for the adults in our population who cannot properly care for themselves at home. We should be able to expect nursing homes to provide the care our loved ones need, though the harsh reality is that neglect and even intentional abuse is an ever-growing problem in the United States, including in Georgia.
If you believe that your loved one might have suffered unnecessary injuries at the fault of a nursing home or a similar facility, you want the help and advice of a nursing home neglect and abuse lawyer in Douglasville. Contact the law firm of Ben F. Windham, PC, for the help you need.
Claims Against Nursing Homes
When another party’s negligence or wrongdoing causes preventable injuries, the law provides that injured victim with the right to seek compensation for their injuries and losses. It is no different when a nursing home is responsible for harm to a resident.
Some nursing home residents simply fall down or have other accidents that are no one’s fault. There are many ways that staff can cause avoidable injuries to residents, including:
- Failing to provide proper hydration and nutrition
- Not administering medication properly
- Not assisting residents when they need it to move around
- Not moving residents to prevent bedsores
- Not responding to emergency medical situations
- Physically assaulting residents
- Isolating or restraining residents without a valid reason
- Verbally abusing or humiliating residents
- Sexually assaulting residents
All of the above can result in serious physical and mental harm, and your loved one deserves to recover for what they experienced.
Learn How a Nursing Home Neglect and Abuse Lawyer in Douglasville Can Help
If you are worried that your loved one suffered neglect or abuse at a facility, contact the office of Ben F. Windham, PC, right away. Contact us online or call 833.236.9467 to learn how our Douglasville nursing home neglect and abuse attorneys can assist you.