Fairburn Taxicab Accident Attorney
Hailing a taxi allows you to leave the hassle of driving and parking to someone else, and that’s something we can all appreciate. If you’re injured in a taxicab accident in the process, however, you owe it to yourself and to your case to work closely with an experienced taxicab accident lawyer in Fairburn.
The Taxicab Company
The taxicab company is responsible for adhering to important safety standards, and when they fail to do so, they often contribute to any dangerous taxicab accidents that ensue. These safety standards include:
- Keeping their fleet of cabs roadworthy and in safe working order
- Hiring safe, experienced cab drivers who have the requisite licensure
- Employing licensed mechanics and providing them with quality parts and tools
- Ensuring their drivers adhere to the strict rules and regulations required of professional drivers, including hours-of-service restrictions
The Taxi Driver
The taxi driver, himself or herself, is obviously the first line of defense when it comes to preventing taxicab accidents. This includes the following:
- The driver is responsible for following all of the safety rules of the road.
- The driver is responsible for not engaging in negligent driving practices, such as distraction, impairment, driving under the influence of exhaustion, or aggression.
Taxi drivers are tasked with making frequent stops, continually pulling out of and back into traffic, and logging long hours behind the wheel. Any one of these can contribute to cab accidents, and as a result, taxi drivers must be hyper-vigilant when it comes to safety.
Discuss Your Case with an Experienced Taxicab Accident Lawyer in Fairburn Today
If you’ve been injured in a taxicab accident, allow the dedicated Fairburn taxicab accident attorneys at Ben F. Windham, PC, to help. We’re committed to guiding your case toward a resolution that protects your rights and rightful compensation. To schedule a free consultation today, please don’t hesitate to contact us online or call us at 833.236.9467 today.