Forest Park Taxicab Accident Attorney
Taxis offer us the opportunity to leave the driving to someone else, and that is a true luxury. Taxicab accidents, however, are anything but. If a taxi driver’s negligence leaves you injured in a taxicab accident, it’s in your best interest to discuss the matter with an experienced taxicab accident lawyer in Forest Park.
The Taxi Driver
The taxi driver involved in your accident is a commercial driver who is held to more comprehensive rules and regulations related to driving safely than are noncommercial drivers. These include all of the following:
- Strict hours-of-service regulations that are put in place to help keep drowsy drivers off the road
- Zero tolerance for taxi drivers who are impaired by alcohol or drugs
- Special licensure and experience requirements
Taxi drivers are held to higher standards because they are professional drivers whom others depend upon for safe transportation.
Negligence and Taxicab Accidents
While taxi driver negligence often plays an important role in taxicab accidents, other forms of negligence can be pivotal, including:
- Taxi companies that fail to hire taxi drivers with the necessary experience and licensure to consistently provide safe rides
- Taxi companies that fail to maintain their fleet in safe working order
- Taxi companies that fail to hire licensed mechanics with the appropriate experience to keep their cabs running smoothly and safely
Work Closely with an Experienced Taxicab Accident Lawyer in Forest Park
If a taxi driver’s negligence leaves you injured, the formidable Forest Park taxicab accident attorneys at Ben F. Windham, PC, are standing by to help. Our dedicated legal team is committed to building your strongest case and to fighting for its optimal resolution. Your case is important to us, so please don’t hesitate to contact or call us at 833.236.9467 to schedule a free consultation today.