Forest Park Truck Accident Attorney
Trucks are so large and so heavy that they pose a considerable danger on our highways. And because truck drivers are professional drivers, they shoulder a significant responsibility to everyone on our roadways. The losses wrought by truck accidents tend to be immense, and the occupants of the other cars involved are at the greatest risk. If a truck driver’s negligence causes you to be harmed, don’t wait to consult with an experienced Forest Park truck accident attorney.
The Truck Driver
Driving a truck safely is a considerable challenge, and this is why truck drivers are held to far more restrictive rules and regulations and are required to carry a commercial driver’s license (CDL). Any negligence on the part of the truck driver can prove deadly, and such negligence can come in a wide range of life-threatening forms, including:
- Failing to safely adhere to the rules of the road
- Driving too fast by either exceeding the speed limit or by failing to slow down in response to the road’s condition
- Driving while impaired by either alcohol or drugs
- Driving drowsy
- Driving while distracted
- Driving aggressively
Truck driver negligence is at the heart of far too many truck accidents.
Trucks are more difficult to maneuver safely through traffic for all the following important reasons:
- Trucks require far longer stopping distances.
- Truck drivers experience large blind spots all the way around their rigs.
- Truck cabs and their trailers are joined by an articulating hitch that can lead to jackknife accidents in adverse driving situations.
- Trucks are more susceptible than other vehicles to rollovers.
Seek the Legal Counsel of an Experienced Forest Park Truck Accident Attorney
The practiced Forest Park truck accident attorneys at the law offices of Ben F. Windham, PC, in Clayton County focus their practice on guiding challenging claims like yours toward optimal outcomes. We’re on your side and here to help, so please don’t delay contacting or calling us at 833.236.9467 to schedule your free consultation today.