Forest Park Wrongful Death Attorney
Wrongful death claims are as complicated as they are tragic. If you’ve lost a loved one to the negligence of someone else, you can expect the path forward toward healing to be exceptionally challenging. Obtaining the compensation to which you are entitled, however, can help, and an experienced Forest Park wrongful death attorney is on your side.
The Other Party’s Negligence
Like personal injury claims, Georgia wrongful death claims are based on the at-fault party’s negligence. For example, if a drunk driver kills your loved one in a car accident, that driver’s negligence – in the form of impairment – will be at the heart of your wrongful death claim.
Filing the Claim
In Georgia, only specific family members can proceed with wrongful death claims on behalf of those who’ve lost their lives to negligence (the decedents in these claims), and these include:
- The decedent’s surviving spouse
- The decedent’s surviving children (if he or she has no surviving spouse)
- The decedent’s surviving parents (if he or she is a child)
If the decedent has no such survivors, the administrator of his or her estate can file the wrongful death claim.
Seeking Fair Compensation
The losses you can seek compensation for in a wrongful death claim include all the following categories:
- The anticipated income your loved one would have earned if he or she has lived to life expectancy
- The value related to your loved one’s loss of important relationships and of the enriching components of his or her life
- The cost of his or her funeral and burial
An Experienced Forest Park Wrongful Death Attorney Is in Your Corner
The savvy Forest Park wrongful death attorneys at the law offices of Ben F. Windham, PC, in Clayton County have a long and impressive history of guiding claims like yours toward favorable outcomes. To schedule your free consultation, please don’t wait to contact or call us at 833.236.9467 today.