Hampton Burn Injury Attorney
Burns are among the most painful and damaging injuries an accident victim can endure. Burn injuries are common in a wide variety of accidents, and many complications can arise. If someone else’s negligence leaves you with a burn injury, protect your rights and best interests by consulting with an experienced burn injury lawyer in Hampton today.
Common Causes of Burn Injuries
Many people equate burn injuries with fires, and while that is certainly true, burn injuries have a wide range of causes that include:
- Traffic accidents of every kind, such as car, truck, motorcycle, bicycle, and pedestrian accidents (the heat generated can lead to very serious burns)
- Electrical accidents on the job (construction work is especially dangerous)
- Contact with hot surfaces, liquid, or steam
- Toxic exposure
The Unique Dangers of Burn Injuries
Not only are accidents that lead to burn injuries often terrifying, but the burn injuries themselves can be painful and life-changing. Some factors that make burn injuries so concerning include:
- Burns can damage the underlying area of the body, which can lead to bacterial infections that can be difficult to treat and can morph into potentially deadly sepsis.
- Serious breathing problems can become an issue as a result of the hot air and smoke that enters the lungs during the course of the accident.
- Even with treatment, many burns can be permanently disfiguring.
- The scar tissue that grows as a burn heals can leave the skin, muscles, and tendons in the affected area shorter, tighter, and generally less agile, which can cause bone and/or joint issues.
Get the Help You Need from an Experienced Burn Injury Lawyer in Hampton
Burn injuries are serious injuries that demand immediate medical attention and the professional legal counsel of an experienced Hampton burn injury attorney – like those at the law offices of Ben F. Windham, PC. Our dedicated legal team is here for you, so please don’t hesitate to contact us online or call us at 833.236.9467 to schedule a free consultation today.