Hampton Truck Accident Attorney
We share the roads with massive semi-trucks – and this is simply a fact of driving. These trucks help support our thriving consumer-driven economy, but they are also involved in some of the most dangerous accidents on our roadways. If a truck accident leaves you injured, consult with an experienced truck accident lawyer in Hampton today.
Truck Accidents and Liability
Truck accidents are often the result of truck driver negligence, but liability does not always end there. In fact, truck accidents can stem from negligence in a variety of areas, including:
- The truck driver himself or herself is the first line of defense when it comes to safe trucking, and negligent truck drivers are dangerous to motorists. Truck driver negligence comes in many forms, such as distraction, impairment, exhaustion, aggression, and more.
- The trucking company is responsible for maintaining a safe fleet of trucks, hiring safe, experienced truck drivers, hiring well-qualified mechanics, and for not pushing their drivers beyond the boundaries of safe trucking (including hours-of-service regulations).
- Truck manufacturers and parts manufacturers are responsible for designing and manufacturing trucks and truck parts that are structurally sound and roadworthy.
- The crew that loads the truck is responsible for doing so in accordance with the rules of safety. Because 18-wheelers are so large and have such a high center-of-gravity, safe and careful loading is critical to safe trucking.
- The mechanics that service semis are responsible for adhering to all mandated maintenance routines and for keeping their rigs in safe working order.
Inadequate performance at any of these levels can lead to dangerous truck accidents.
Contact an Experienced Truck Accident Lawyer in Hampton Today
If you’ve been injured in a truck accident, the dedicated Hampton truck accident attorneys at the law offices of Ben F. Windham, PC, are committed to fighting for your rights and for your rightful compensation. The outcome of your case is too important to leave to chance, so please contact us online or call us at 833.236.9467 to schedule a free consultation today.