Hapeville Nursing Home Neglect and Abuse Attorneys
Nursing homes exist so that vulnerable members of our society can receive the care and assistance they need on a daily basis. When your loved one moves into a long-term care facility, you should be able to rest assured that they will receive proper care from staff members and the medical team. Unfortunately, nursing home neglect and abuse is a problem in the United States that is only expected to get worse as the nursing home population increases.
If you suspect that a loved one suffered preventable injuries at their care facility, you should never wait to discuss the matter with experienced nursing home neglect and abuse lawyers in Hapeville. Contact the office of Ben F. Windham, PC – we are ready to help.
Harm from Nursing Home Neglect and Abuse
Nursing home residents can suffer harm from neglect, physical abuse, mental abuse, and even sexual abuse. Some injuries that might result include:
- Physical wounds from assault, such as contusions, fractures, lacerations, concussion and brain injuries, and more.
- Bedsores and other medical conditions that could have been prevented and treated.
- Malnutrition and dehydration
- Sexually-transmitted diseases
- Mental harm, including social isolation and withdrawal, depression, regression, anxiety, fearfulness, or PTSD
- Preventable medical complications due to a lack of proper medical response or treatment
- Overdose or other issues due to medication errors
If you notice unexplained injuries, changes in behavior, health issues, or anything out of the ordinary, you should seek help since your loved one might be the victim of neglect or abuse.
Contact Our Nursing Home Neglect and Abuse Lawyers in Hapeville Right Away
The law firm of Ben F. Windham, PC, works to hold nursing homes and other facilities fully accountable for unnecessary harm to residents and patients. Contact us online or call 833.236.9467 to learn how a Hapeville nursing home neglect and abuse attorney can help you and your family.