Helping Victims of Nursing Home Neglect/Abuse in McDonough
Nursing home residents represent some of our most vulnerable citizens, and when they are injured as a result of nursing home neglect or abuse, it is devastating. We turn to nursing homes to provide our loved ones with the care and services they need to live full lives, and to come up against nursing home neglect or abuse instead feels like a real betrayal. If your loved one has been injured by nursing home neglect or abuse, don’t delay consulting with an experienced nursing home neglect/abuse lawyer in McDonough today.
Nursing Home Neglect and Abuse
Nursing home neglect and abuse are distinguished from one another by intention. While both can lead to injuries and serious emotional damages, only nursing home abuse involves the repugnant intention of harming a resident.
Common Signs of Neglect
Nursing home neglect can be more difficult to detect than abuse – because it can hide in plain sight and often leads to injury or illness that comes on slowly over time. Common signs of nursing home neglect include:
- If your loved one is losing weight unexpectedly
- If your loved one’s living quarters are in disarray or are not as sanitary as they should be
- If your loved one is hungry and/or thirsty more often than is normal for him or her
- If your loved one exhibits any unexplained changes in mood or personality (such as becoming more withdrawn)
- If your loved one’s health seems to be slipping for unexplainable reasons
Discuss your Concerns with an Experienced Nursing Home Abuse/Neglect Lawyer in McDonough Today
The dedicated McDonough nursing home abuse/neglect attorneys at Ben F. Windham, PC, have the experience, skill, and compassion to help your loved one obtain the compensation he or she is entitled to – and needs in order to heal as fully as possible. Schedule a free consultation by contacting or calling us at 833.236.9467 today.