Henry County Nursing Home Neglect and Abuse
Thinking about nursing home neglect or abuse is difficult, and facing its effects is even more so. You made the tough decision to find long-term care for your aging loved one because it was the best health and safety option. When the nursing home fails to live up to its responsibilities toward – or worse, to purposefully harm – your relative, it’s a dire situation that demands the professional legal counsel of an experienced nursing home neglect and abuse lawyer in Henry County.
Nursing Home Abuse Has the Distinction of Involving Intent
Nursing home abuse has the dishonorable distinction of involving intent, which means the harm was purposefully perpetrated against your loved one. This can include:
- Physical abuse in which your loved one is physically harmed
- Sexual abuse in which your loved one experiences sexual contact without consent
- Financial abuse in which your loved one is cheated out of assets
- Emotional abuse in which your loved one is tormented, bullied, or otherwise mistreated emotionally
It’s difficult to think about your elderly relative being intentionally mistreated and harmed, but nursing home abuse happens – and it should be rooted out.
Nursing Home Neglect
Nursing home neglect doesn’t have the repugnant element of intentionality, but it can be just as harmful – for the very fact that it tends to continue over time and because its effects can be more difficult to spot (until they become quite severe). Nursing home neglect can come in many forms, including:
- Inadequate nutrition or hydration
- Inadequate assistance with one’s personal hygiene
- Unsanitary living conditions
- Unsafe living conditions, such as being riddled with tripping hazards or incorporating fire hazards
- Inadequate opportunities for socializing
- Inadequate attention to medication distribution
An Experienced Nursing Home Neglect and Abuse Lawyer in Henry County Is on Your Side
Nursing home neglect and abuse cases are heartbreaking, but the dedicated and compassionate Henry County nursing home neglect and abuse attorneys at Ben F. Windham, PC, have the experience, fortitude, and determination to help you obtain just compensation for your injured loved one. To schedule your free consultation, please don’t hesitate to contact us online or call us at 833.236.9467 today.