Jonesboro Georgia Nursing Home Neglect/Abuse Attorney
The thought of your loved one being injured by the very people who are entrusted with providing him or her with the care and medical attention he or she needs to live life to the fullest is devastating. Unfortunately, however, it happens all too often. If you find yourself in this exceptionally difficult situation, don’t be deterred from reaching out for the legal guidance you need from an experienced Jonesboro nursing home neglect/abuse attorney.
The Danger Is Real
The Division of Aging Services in Georgia reports that nursing home neglect and abuse is all too real. The distinction between neglect and abuse is that neglect fails to provide the necessary care and attention, while abuse involves intentional harm. Because the elderly are the most vulnerable among us, both are exceptionally dangerous.
The Telltale Signs
While every nursing home neglect/abuse claim is specific to the circumstances involved, there are several signs that are often indicative of either neglect or abuse:
- A sudden and/or unexplained weight loss
- Unexplained injuries and/or bruising
- Bedsores, which typically indicate your loved one isn’t receiving the assistance with moving that he or she requires
- An unkempt or dirty appearance
- Excessive thirst or hunger, which can mean that he or she isn’t getting the nutrition and/or hydration he or she needs
- Changes in personality
- Sudden withdrawal
- Fear and/or anxiety around specific caregivers or other employees of the facility
The most important point to make here is that if you have a sense that something is off or wrong – you shouldn’t wait for your suspicions to be confirmed. Take action immediately.
Don’t Put Off Consulting with an Experienced Jonesboro Nursing Home Neglect/Abuse Attorney
The determined Jonesboro nursing home neglect/abuse attorneys at the law offices of Ben F. Windham, PC, in Clayton County understand the gravity of your situation and are standing by to help. You can schedule a free consultation by contacting or calling us at 833.236.9467 today.