Lawrenceville Nursing Home Neglect/Abuse Attorney
If your loved one lives in a nursing home, you are grateful for the relief that comes from knowing your aging relative is well cared for. If, however, this turns out not to be the case, and your relative is injured by nursing home neglect or abuse, it is a devastating blow. If your loved one has been injured in such a manner, do not wait to obtain the professional legal counsel you need from an experienced nursing home neglect/abuse lawyer in Lawrenceville.
Nursing Home Neglect and Abuse
Nursing home neglect refers to failing to provide nursing home residents with the care and attention they need to retain their health and well-being. Nursing home abuse, on the other hand, includes the additional element of intention, which means intentionally harming nursing home residents. While abuse involves purposefulness and is obviously exceedingly dangerous, neglect can be just as dangerous for the very reason that it’s often more difficult to detect.
Common Examples of Nursing Home Neglect
Nursing home neglect can come in a wide range of forms, but there tend to be some common themes that include:
- Failing to provide nursing home residents with enough food – or with adequate nutrition
- Failing to provide nursing home residents with enough water
- Failing to help nursing home residents attend to their personal hygiene
- Failing to help nursing home residents (who are in need) to use the bathroom frequently enough
- Failing to keep nursing home residents’ living quarters sanitary and safe, including keeping them free of tripping hazards
- Failing to provide nursing home residents with the medications they need according to the appropriate schedules
Learn More by Calling an Experienced Nursing Home Neglect and Abuse Lawyer in Lawrenceville Today
Nursing home neglect and abuse are reprehensible, and the dedicated Lawrenceville nursing home neglect and abuse attorneys at the law offices of Ben F. Windham, PC, have the compassion and commitment to help. To schedule a free consultation, please don’t hesitate to contact us online or call us at 833.236.9467 today.