Lilburn Burn Injury Attorneys
Burns are complicated injuries, and there are several degrees of burns that people sustain. First-degree burns are relatively minor injuries that can often be treated at home. Serious second or third-degree burns, on the other hand, often require extensive medical treatment and can leave victims with permanent disfigurement and impairments. If you suffered a severe burn injury and believe someone else was at fault, contact the office of Ben F. Windham, PC, to learn how our burn lawyers in Lilburn can help.
The Effects of Burn Injuries
When burns affect deep layers of skin – or even tissue below the skin – treatment and recovery can be a long and difficult process. Burns can be costly in many different ways, including:
- Severe burns need emergency medical attention
- The risk of infection is high with serious burn injuries
- Many patients need to spend time in a burn center
- Skin grafts and similar surgical procedures might be needed
- Skin grafts are not always successful the first time
- Patients might lose the use of certain affected body parts
- Patients often undergo reparative surgeries
- Even after surgeries, many burn victims are left with permanent scarring
The recovery process from a serious burn can be long and painful, and many people are left with lasting reminders of their injuries. It is important to learn about your rights to recovery for your medical expenses and other losses.
Speak with a Burn Injury Lawyer in Lilburn
Burns often happen because of another party’s negligence, and such parties should be liable for all of the losses of injury victims. At the law firm of Ben F. Windham, PC, we handle injury claims against individuals, corporations, and insurance companies, and we can assess your rights. Contact us online or call 833.236.9467 for a free case evaluation by a Lilburn burn injury attorney.