Lithonia Lyft Accident Attorney
Rideshare companies like Lyft make getting around about as easy as it can be. If you’ve been injured in a Lyft accident, however, you face a difficult path forward. You need a skilled Lyft accident lawyer in Lithonia on your side.
The Lyft Driver
Yes, Lyft drivers are paid to drive people around – just like taxi drivers are – but they are not professional drivers in any real sense of the word (unlike taxi drivers). Lyft drivers aren’t employees of Lyft but are, instead, contract workers. This fact means that Lyft drivers don’t have commercial driver’s licenses and aren’t required to have any special skills or training. However, the work itself comes with a variety of complications that can make accidents more likely, including:
- Driving for Lyft involves interacting with the app and following its GPS while behind the wheel.
- Driving for Lyft involves identifying passengers in crowds from behind the wheel.
- Driving for Lyft involves making many stops and entering and exiting traffic frequently.
- Driving for Lyft often requires drivers to navigate through areas they are unfamiliar with.
Lyft Accidents and Insurance
Another complicating factor related to Lyft accidents is the issue of insurance, which breaks down in the following ways:
- If the driver is on the Lyft app and has a passenger in the car or waiting to be picked up, Lyft’s insurance is in play.
- If the driver is on the Lyft app but has no passengers (and no passengers awaiting pickup), Lyft’s insurance will cover what the driver’s personal insurance does not.
- If the driver isn’t on the app, his or her insurance covers the accident.
Obtain the Help You Need from an Experienced Lyft Accident Lawyer in Lithonia Today
The experienced Lithonia Lyft accident attorneys at the law offices of Ben F. Windham, PC, are dedicated to helping clients like you obtain the compensation they need to successfully follow the path toward a full recovery. Contact us online or call us at 833.236.9467 to schedule a free consultation today.