Loganville Burn Injury Attorneys
Burn injuries are among the most serious and painful injuries that a person can sustain. When burns occur in accidents caused by the negligence of another person, victims can often recover compensation by filing a personal injury claim. A burn injury lawyer in Loganville can protect your rights and help you recover the compensation to which you are entitled under Georgia law.
What Causes Burn Injuries?
Burn injuries can occur in a wide variety of accidents, including those that do not involve fires or explosions. In fact, in many cases, burns are the result of exposure to caustic substances or electric currents. Some examples of accidents that commonly result in burn injuries include:
- Car, truck, and motorcycle accidents
- Industrial accidents
- Exposure to pool and spa chemicals
- Electrical accidents
- Construction site accidents
Protecting Your Rights After an Accident Resulting in a Burn Injury
There are certain steps that you should take to protect your rights after you sustain a burn injury in an accident. The most important of these include:
- Seek immediate medical attention and follow your treatment plan
- Take photographs of your injuries and keep a detailed journal about how your injuries are affecting you
- Stay off of social media while your case is pending
- Do not accept a settlement offer from the at-fault party or an insurance company
- Call an attorney as soon as you can – waiting to start your claim can hurt your chances of success and getting the compensation you deserve
Consult with a Burn Injury Lawyer in Loganville
If you have sustained a burn injury caused by someone else’s negligence, you should speak with an attorney as soon as you can. To schedule a free case evaluation with a Loganville burn injury attorney, call Ben F. Windham, PC, today at 833.236.9467 or contact us online.