Do You Need a Macon Boat Accident Attorney?
If you love boating – and who doesn’t – Georgia is the state for you. Boat accidents, on the other hand, are an entirely different matter. Our waterways are far less regulated than the roads we travel on, and boat accidents tend to be exceptionally dangerous. If you’ve been injured in a boat accident that was caused by someone else’s negligence, you do need an experienced Macon boat accident attorney in your corner.
Keeping Your Boat in Tip-Top Shape
One of the most important steps you can take to help ensure that every boat trip you take is a safe boat trip is focusing on your boat’s maintenance. Consider all the following:
- Keep your boat clean by washing it regularly. All that salt can corrode the metal parts, fixtures, and fasteners.
- Regularly inspect your lifelines and rails. These should always be secure and kept in solid condition.
- Inspect and maintain your boat’s propeller. When fishing line or anything else wraps itself around the shaft of a propeller, it can lead to problems.
- Make sure that you have an adequate number of fire extinguishers on your boat, that they are in good working condition before you go out, and that you and your passengers know how to use them.
- Make sure that your navigational lights are always in excellent working condition. The truth is that, even if you don’t intend to be on the water at night, it can happen, and you’ll need those lights to guide you.
Don’t Delay Consulting with an Experienced Macon Boat Accident Attorney
The distinguished Macon boat accident attorneys at the law offices of Ben F. Windham, PC, in Bibb County have an impressive track record of obtaining optimal claim outcomes for clients like you. For more information, please don’t wait to contact or call us at 833.236.9467 to schedule your free consultation today.