Macon Bus Accident Attorney
Buses provide us with plenty of perks. They’re a convenient, reasonably priced means of transportation that allow you to enjoy a ride without the hassle of fighting traffic or scoring a parking space. Unfortunately, when they are involved in accidents, it can injure everyone unlucky enough to be in the vicinity, including passengers, other motorists, pedestrians, and bicyclists. Dangerous bus accidents, however, are probably more common than you realize. If you’ve been injured in a bus accident, you need the professional legal counsel of an experienced bus accident attorney in Macon.
Bus Accidents Come in Many Forms
When you think about bus accidents, you may think only of city buses, but all kinds of buses can cause serious, injury-causing accidents. Some of the types of buses that are often involved in crashes include:
- City Transit
- School buses
- Commercial bus lines like Greyhound
- Airport and hotel shuttle buses
- Tour buses
Bus accident claims – especially those that involve a municipality (like a bus accident involving a city transit bus) – are often exceptionally complicated. You owe it to yourself and your claim to work closely with a skilled bus accident attorney.
Bus Driver Negligence
Every bus accident is unique, but these dangerous accidents are often caused by bus driver negligence, which can include:
- Distraction – Smartphone usage is among the most dangerous and common types of drive distraction
- Exhaustion – Drowsy bus drivers endanger everyone with whom they share the road.
- Impairment – Bus drivers are commercial drivers, and the State of Georgia has zero-tolerance when it comes to bus drivers who are impaired by alcohol or drugs.
- Aggression – Aggressive driving puts everyone on the road at risk, and it has no place on our roadways
Importantly, if you are injured in a bus accident that was not the bus driver’s fault, you may still be able to recover compensation. For this reason, you should always talk to a lawyer after you have been involved in a bus accident.
An Experienced Bus Accident Lawyer in Macon Can Help
If a bus accident leaves you injured, the dedicated Macon bus accident attorneys at the law offices of Ben F. Windham, PC, are committed to fighting for your rights and for your rightful compensation. To schedule a free consultation, please don’t hesitate to contact or call us at 833.236.9467 today.