Macon Car Accident Attorney
Car accidents happen in the blink of an eye, but they can derail your life for weeks, months, or even permanently. It is important that you do everything possible to protect your rights to possible compensation in the minutes, hours, and days following the crash.
Seek Medical Treatment
Getting a medical diagnosis right away at an emergency room or urgent care can help to:
- Ensure you start the treatment you need to stabilize your injuries and prevent complications as soon as possible
- Prove that your injuries are connected to the car accident and did not happen as a result of a subsequent event
Even if you only feel soreness, stiffness, or feel “out of it,” know that these could be signs of soft tissue injuries, concussions, and more.
For a successful injury claim, you will need evidence of both what caused the crash and your injuries. There are different ways to do this, including:
- Calling 911 – the police will determine whether the other driver violated the law and write a report.
- Get witness information – either you (if you’re able) or the police should get contact information for witnesses who can help with your case.
- Take photos of the accident scene – either you or someone else should record the details of the scene as much as possible with photos or video.
Even if you did not gather evidence at the scene, there are many ways the right lawyer can help you and protect your rights.
Meet with a Macon Car Accident Lawyer Right Away
Finally, it is important to meet with an experienced Macon car accident attorney who can evaluate the best course of action in your situation. Do not wait to speak with the legal team at Ben F. Windham, PC by contacting us online or calling 833.236.9467.