Macon Nursing Home Neglect/Abuse Attorney
The damage caused by nursing home neglect and abuse is heart-wrenching. If you suspect that your loved one may be the victim of either nursing home neglect or abuse, don’t wait to discuss the matter with an experienced Macon nursing home neglect/abuse lawyer.
Injuries from Neglect
Nursing home neglect references failing to provide the care and attention required to help keep nursing home residents healthy. Injuries caused by nursing home neglect can be slow to present, which allows them more time to become quite serious. Such injuries can include:
- Bedsores due to lack of assistance with mobility and movement
- Bumps, cuts, and bruises due to tripping hazards that are left unresolved
- Broken bones caused by tripping hazards that are left unresolved
- Malnutrition and/or dehydration, which is closely associated with UTIs, due to meals that provide inadequate nutrition and inadequate access to water and other drinks
Injuries from Abuse
Abuse is the even more disturbing act of purposely harming a nursing home resident, and it can lead to all of the following serious injuries:
- Broken bones
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Serious mental health concerns, including increased anxiety, self-isolation, withdrawal, and/or symptoms of depression
If your loved one has an unexplained injury and/or a change in personality that gives you pause, always err on the side of caution by looking into the matter sooner rather than later.
Discuss Your Concerns with an Experienced Nursing Home Neglect/Abuse Lawyer Today
The dedicated Macon nursing home neglect/abuse attorneys at the law offices of Ben F. Windham, PC, are passionate about helping to protect the most vulnerable among us and, as such, are fully committed to helping you get a just claim resolution. To schedule a free consultation, please don’t wait to contact us online or call us at 833.236.9467 today.