Understanding Macon Nursing Home Neglect/Abuse Claims
It’s difficult to imagine a more upsetting scenario than your aging loved one being harmed by nursing home neglect or abuse, but unfortunately, this kind of claim is all too common. If you believe that your relative is the victim of nursing home neglect or abuse, you need the professional legal guidance of an experienced Macon nursing home neglect/abuse attorney.
Protecting Your Loved One
The Georgia Department of Human Services’ Division of Aging Services shares the following important points to keep in mind in relation to nursing home neglect and abuse:
- The abuse of older adults is one of the most underreported abuse concerns in the nation (if you have concerns, don’t be afraid to voice them).
- Abuse of the elderly is generally defined by the intention to cause harm, while neglect involves failing to provide necessary care.
Some of the primary warning signs to be on the lookout for when it comes to nursing home abuse and neglect include:
- Physical signs of harm, such as unexplained injuries or bruising
- Physical signs of neglect, such as dishevelment, lack of personal grooming, signs of dehydration, and more
- Changes in your loved one’s behavior or demeanor or a marked decline in his or her psychological well-being (signs can include agitation, withdrawal, anxiety, fear, apathy, and more)
Finally, if your loved one tells you there is something wrong or hints at mistreatment, take the matter seriously.
Experienced Macon Nursing Home Abuse/Neglect Attorneys Put Your Loved One’s Well-Being First
The compassionate Macon nursing home abuse/neglect attorneys at the law offices of Ben F. Windham, PC, in Bibb County make it their business to champion the rights of those harmed by nursing home abuse and neglect. Seek the help you need by contacting or calling us at 833.236.9467 and scheduling a free consultation today.