Discuss Your Concerns with a Macon Truck Accident Lawyer
Truck accidents are about as dangerous as it gets when it comes to traffic accidents, and they are often caused by negligence on the part of truck drivers. The immense size and weight of the massive trucks with which we share our roads help to ensure that we are at a far greater risk of being injured in accidents than the occupants of the big rigs are. If you’ve been injured by a truck driver’s negligence, an experienced Macon truck accident attorney can help.
Truck Accidents: The Statistics
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) shares all the following important statistics related to truck accidents in the United States:
- In 2019 alone, there were more than 5,200 fatal accidents involving large trucks, and this represents an increase of 2 percent over 2018.
- From 2009 to 2019, the number of fatal truck accidents increased by a whopping 47 percent.
- From 2009 to 2015, the number of truck accidents that led to injuries increased by 62 percent (with 97,000 such accidents in 2015).
- From 2016 to 2019, the number of accident-causing truck accidents rose by 13 percent.
The number of dangerous truck accidents is on the rise.
Truck Driver Negligence
Truck driver negligence is often at the heart of truck accidents, and it can take all the following forms:
- Excess speed
- Hours-of-service infractions
You Need an Experienced Macon Truck Accident Lawyer on Your Side
The Macon truck accident attorneys at the law offices of Ben F. Windham, PC, in Cobb County care about you and your claim and have the experience and legal skill that you’re looking for. To learn more, please don’t delay contacting or calling us at 833.236.9467 and scheduling your free consultation today.