McDonough Ga. Product Liability Attorney
We purchase consumer goods to help our lives run more smoothly, to provide for our families, to indulge ourselves, and for many other reasons. We do not, however, plunk down our earnings for products that we fear will ultimately injure us. Manufacturers are naturally driven by profits, but they are also held to careful standards when it comes to safety, and when their profits – or anything else – gets in the way of these standards, it can lead to serious injuries. If you or someone you love has been injured by a dangerously defective consumer product, it’s time to consult with an experienced McDonough product liability attorney.
Product Liability Basics
In the State of Georgia, there are several basics that guide all product liability claims.
Categories of Defect
Product liability claims break down into the following categories:
- Products that are defective by design (when the design itself is dangerous)
- Products that are rendered dangerous during the manufacturing process
- Products that lack the warnings and/or instructions necessary to be used safely
The Responsible Party
If you or someone you love is injured by a faulty product, any of the following parties can be held liable (or responsible) for the losses you suffer (depending upon the situation):
- The manufacturer of the product itself
- The manufacturer of a specific part (or parts)
- Anyone in the supply chain (if the entity contributed to or caused the dangerous defect)
- The retail store (if the product is one that the store regularly carries)
The Statute of Limitations
In Georgia, you have only two years from the date you were injured by a defective consumer good to file a lawsuit against the responsible party or parties.
An Experienced McDonough Product Liability Attorney Has the Savvy to Help
The practiced McDonough Ga. product liability attorneys at Ben F. Windham, PC, in Henry County have the legal experience and skill you are looking for. To learn more, please don’t delay contacting or calling us at 833.236.9467 to schedule your free consultation today.