Morgan County Boat Accident Attorney
A boat is a great way to enjoy the beauty of the water, waves, and sun, and when you’re on a boat, it’s very unlikely that you are focused on boat accidents. Boat accidents, however, happen, and they tend to be quite dangerous. If someone else’s negligence leaves you injured in a boat accident, don’t put off consulting with an experienced Morgan County boat accident lawyer.
Boats Offer Fewer Safety Protections
When you’re on a boat, you’re even more vulnerable to the physical impact of an accident than you are when you’re in a car for all of the following reasons:
- There is a risk of drowning involved.
- You have no seatbelt or airbags to protect you in the event of an accident.
- The waterway is less regulated and less predictable than a roadway, which leaves you at the mercy of your operator’s vigilance.
The Boat’s Operator
Boat accidents are often the result of negligence on the part of the operator, which can come in all the following forms:
- Distraction – There is no room for distraction when it comes to safe boating.
- Exhaustion – A drowsy operator can suffer the same types of impairment that a drunk operator does.
- Impairment – The boat’s relaxed, party atmosphere can tempt its operator to join in.
- Excess Speed – Excess speed on the waterway is just as dangerous as it is on the road.
Reach out to an Experienced Morgan County Boat Accident Lawyer Today
The practiced Morgan County boat accident attorneys at Ben F. Windham, PC, take great pride in helping clients like you recover for their full range of physical, financial, and emotional damages. To learn more about how we can help, please don’t hesitate to contact or call us at 833.236.9467 to schedule your free consultation today.