Morrow Nursing Home Neglect/Abuse
There are few personal injury claims that are as disheartening and painful as those involving either nursing home neglect or abuse. If your aging loved one is the victim of either, the time to contact an experienced Morrow nursing home neglect/abuse lawyer is right now.
Identifying Nursing Home Neglect and Abuse
If you suspect that your relative may be the victim of nursing home neglect or abuse, don’t wait until you’re sure to voice your concerns. Always trust your gut on this matter and discuss your concerns with a nursing home administrator immediately. Nursing home neglect relates to failing to provide adequate care, but nursing home abuse involves the even more egregious element of purposefully harming a resident. Some of the tell-tale signs of nursing home neglect, which is often more difficult to spot, include:
- Signs of inadequate nutrition and/or hydration, such as complaints about being hungry and/or thirsty or unexplained weight loss
- Signs of inadequate help with personal hygiene, such as appearing less clean and well cared for
- Signs that the facility is less well maintained, organized, or managed than it was initially
- Tripping hazards that are left unattended
- Inadequate housekeeping in the residents’ personal rooms
Another important tool for identifying nursing home neglect and/or abuse is simply listening to your loved one. If he or she voices credible concerns, take them seriously.
Allow an Experienced Morrow Nursing Home Neglect and Abuse Lawyer to Help
The resourceful Morrow nursing home neglect/abuse attorneys at Ben F. Windham, PC, understand exactly how troubling cases involving nursing home neglect/abuse are and are committed to employing the full force of their experience and skill in their dedicated efforts to help. To learn more, please don’t hesitate to contact us online or call us at 833.236.9467 to schedule a free consultation today.