Norcross Uber Accident Attorney
When it comes to convenience, Uber is king. It’s difficult to remember how we got around before this rideshare company hit the scene. Uber accidents, on the other hand, add unexpected complications to an already complicated matter. If you’ve been injured in an Uber accident, the best path forward is working closely with an experienced Uber accident lawyer in Norcross.
Uber Rides and Insurance Coverage
Whether you’re a frequent user when it comes to Uber or simply share the road with the ever-increasing number of Uber drivers, it helps to understand how insurance coverage works when an Uber accident transpires. The following highlights cover the basics:
- Uber itself covers the Uber driver whenever he or she has an active Uber customer (either in the car or waiting for pickup). Uber’s coverage tends to be quite comprehensive.
- If the Uber driver is on the app but doesn’t have an active customer at the moment (neither in the car nor waiting for pickup), Uber’s insurance will begin where the driver’s own insurance ends.
- If the Uber driver is off the app, the driver’s own insurance is in play – just as it would be in any other car accident.
It’s important to note that Uber drivers face some extenuating circumstances that can put them at greater risk of causing severe accidents, including:
- Engaging in multiple stops and starts
- Pulling in and out of traffic
- Interacting with the Uber app
- Locating passengers
Protect Your Rights by Consulting with an Experienced Uber Accident Lawyer in Norcross Today
If an Uber driver leaves you injured, the dedicated Norcross Uber accident attorneys at Ben F. Windham, PC, are well versed in the intricacies of these cases and are committed to helping you. To schedule a free consultation, please don’t hesitate to contact us online or call us at 833.236.9467 today.