Peachtree City Nursing Home Neglect and Abuse Attorney
It’s terrible to consider, but nursing home neglect and abuse do occur. Deciding that your aging relative needs to transition to full-time care is difficult, but it can also provide you with peace of mind. When this peace of mind is unfounded, and your loved one suffers an injury borne of abuse or neglect, it is an extremely difficult situation. If your relative has been harmed by nursing home neglect or abuse, you need an experienced nursing home neglect and abuse lawyer in your corner.
Neglect and Abuse
Nursing home neglect refers to an absence of care or attention that leads to illness or injury. Nursing home abuse, on the other hand, is the purposeful mistreatment of nursing home patients, which is especially disturbing. While nursing home neglect lacks the component of intention, it can also be more difficult to detect – because the resulting injuries tend to develop quietly over time.
Forms of Nursing Home Negligence
Nursing home negligence tends to come in the form of inattention to residents’ basic needs, which can include:
- Failing to provide residents with adequate amounts of water and healthy, nutritious food
- Failing to keep residents’ living quarters sanitary and free of tripping hazards
- Failing to provide residents with ample opportunities for social interactions
- Failing to provide residents with the aid they require to attend to their personal hygiene needs.
- Failing to provide residents with the appropriate medications at the correct times.
Seek an Experienced Nursing Home Neglect and Abuse Lawyer in Peachtree City
If your loved one’s been harmed by nursing home neglect or abuse, the compassionate Peachtree City nursing home neglect and abuse attorneys at the law offices of Ben F. Windham, PC, understand the gravity of the situation and are committed to fervently fighting for a resolution that justly compensates your relative. To schedule a free consultation, please don’t hesitate to contact us online or call us at 833.236.9467 today.