Personal Injury Claims in Stockbridge
Almost 30 million people seek medical treatment in the emergency room for unexpected injuries each year. Many of these injuries happen because someone else acts carelessly or recklessly, and this can lead injury victims to file personal injury claims. These claims seek compensation for injury-related losses from liable parties, and the process can be complicated. It is always important to discuss your legal options with a personal injury lawyer in Stockbridge.
How Personal Injury Claims Arise
The law states that parties that act negligently or wrongfully should be held liable for any harm that they cause. Both individuals and companies can cause a wide range of accidents, including:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bus accidents
- Boat accidents
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
- Defective product accidents
- Property hazard accidents
If you are injured in any type of accident, and you believe that someone else was to blame, you should discuss a possible injury claim with an experienced personal injury lawyer in Stockbridge.
The Personal Injury Process
Contrary to what some people might imagine, you do not march right into court for a personal injury case. Instead, your lawyer will take many steps on your behalf, including:
- Assess all possible liable parties
- Calculate your past and future damages
- File insurance claims with the insurance companies of all liable parties
- Negotiate to see if the insurance company will offer a fair settlement, which resolves the case
- File a lawsuit in civil court if the insurance company will not offer enough directly
Seek Help from a Stockbridge Personal Injury Attorney
At the law office of Ben F. Windham, PC, our Stockbridge personal injury lawyers will do what it takes to get every injured client the full amount they deserve for their medical bills and other losses. Contact us online or call 833.236.9467 for a free discussion and case evaluation today.