Personal Injury FAQ

Personal Injury FAQ

Accidental injuries happen in many ways and have many varying effects on victims. However, one thing that injury victims often have in common is that they are unsure of their rights or where to turn for help. The following are some common questions that many injury victims may have. To learn about your options in your specific case, please contact a personal injury lawyer in Atlanta directly.

Is my injury serious enough for a personal injury case?

If you sprain your wrist in a slip and fall accident, you might not think it is a serious enough injury to justify calling an attorney. However, if an injury resulted in medical bills, missed work and lost income, or other losses, you should not hesitate to seek compensation for those losses.

If another party caused your accident and injury, you can file an insurance claim to seek payment for all of your injury-related expenses. Even if you think your injury is too minor, it is always worth it to discuss the possibility of a case with an injury lawyer.

Do I have to go to court?

The idea of going to court can be intimidating, but the large majority of personal injury cases never make it to the courtroom. First, an attorney can help you resolve the claim through the insurance process, eliminating the need for a lawsuit. Even if you file a lawsuit, an attorney will work to reach a settlement before trial whenever possible, which is common.

How can a lawyer help me?

Personal injury lawyers help in many, many ways, including:

  • Allow you to focus on your injuries while we focus on the legal process
  • Identifying liable parties and filing the necessary insurance claims
  • Determining the full value of your claim
  • Handling the entire insurance process, including settlement review and negotiations
  • Filing a lawsuit if needed

Contact a Personal Injury Lawyer in Atlanta Right Away

After an injury, allow Ben F. Windham, PC to help. Call 833.236.9467 or contact us online today for a free case evaluation with an Atlanta personal injury attorney.