Stockbridge Lyft Accident Attorney
Lyft accidents are as complicated as Lyft rides are convenient. If you’ve been injured in a Lyft accident, you need the professional legal counsel of an experienced Lyft accident attorney on your side.
Your Lyft Accident
While every traffic accident is different, if you’ve been injured in a Lyft accident, there are specific basic steps that you take to help protect your health and your legal right. These include:
- Seek immediate medical attention. Serious injuries can be asymptomatic until they become both more serious and more difficult to treat. Always err on the side of caution and obtain the medical attention you need from the outset.
- Take the Uber driver’s name and contact information (and do the same for any other drivers who were involved.
- Take pictures at the scene of the accident to help document what happened in the course of the accident.
- Consult with an experienced Lyft accident attorney.
Lyft and Insurance Coverage
Lyft provides its drivers with robust insurance coverage – but it only applies in certain situations. The specifics are complicated, but generally, the following rules apply:
- If the driver is on the Lyft app and has a passenger or is picking up a passenger, Lyft’s coverage applies.
- If the driver is on the Lyft app but has no current or pending passengers, Lyft provides coverage in lesser amounts. You can also make a claim on a driver’s own policy.
- If the driver is not on the Lyft app, the driver’s own coverage applies – just as it would in any other traffic accident.
Discuss Your Concerns with an Experienced Lyft Accident Lawyer in Stockbridge Today
If you’ve been injured in a Lyft accident, the Stockbridge Lyft accident attorneys at Ben F. Windham, PC, are committed to skillfully advocating for your case’s optimal resolution. We’re on your side, so please don’t hesitate to contact us online or call us at 833.236.9467 to schedule a free consultation today.