Stone Mountain Rental Car Accident Attorney
Being able to rent a car when you’re out of town or when your car is being repaired is an immense convenience. If someone else’s negligence leaves you injured in a rental car accident, however, the issue of obtaining the compensation to which you are entitled can be complicated by the fact of the rental – work closely with an experienced rental car accident lawyer in Stone Mountain.
When a motorist gets behind the wheel of a rental car, that driver is responsible for driving safely – just as he or she is when operating his or her own vehicle. There are, however, some factors that can negatively affect the driver’s performance, including:
- The vehicle is unfamiliar to the driver and getting up to speed while on the road is a dangerous practice.
- The driver may be unfamiliar with the area he or she is driving in, which can lead to serious accidents if the motorist doesn’t take the time to acclimate to his whereabouts before heading out into traffic.
The major complication related specifically to rental cars is the insurance coverage involved. All of the following generally apply:
- The rental car company provides some coverage with rental and offers additional coverage for purchase.
- The renter’s credit card typically provides some coverage upon rental.
- The motorist’s own insurance coverage should be responsible for any remaining damages experienced by the victim of the motorist’s negligence.
An Experienced Rental Car Accident Lawyer in Stone Mountain Can Help Secure Your Case’s Most Favorable Resolution
If you’ve been injured in a rental car accident that was caused by someone else’s negligence, you need the skilled guidance of a dedicated Stone Mountain rental car accident attorney at the law offices of Ben F. Windham, PC, in your corner. We care about you and your case, so please don’t hesitate to contact us online or call us at 833.236.9467 to schedule a free consultation today.