What Happens After a Drunk Driver Hits You?
Drunk drivers are among the most dangerous motorists on our roadways, and accidents involving these negligent drivers tend to be exceptionally serious. If you’ve been injured in a car accident that was caused by a drunk driver, it’s time to consult with an experienced Locust Grove car accident lawyer.
Your Next Steps
You’ve been injured by a drunk driver, and knowing how to proceed amidst all the turmoil can be exceptionally difficult. While your case is unique to you, there are some basic first steps that apply across nearly every case:
- Call the police to the scene and let them know your suspicions regarding the other driver’s insobriety (relaying that he or she was driving erratically, for example).
- Cooperate with the police by answering their questions succinctly and accurately. Do not, however, go into more detail than is necessary. Statements made in the heat of the moment can come back to haunt your claim.
- If you’re able to do so, gather evidence at the scene of the accident, including pictures and/or videos that depict the vehicles themselves and any physical signs of how the accident transpired (skid marks, for example). Jotting down your recollections (in your own words) regarding how the accident happened can help you keep your memories fresh and can serve an important role in the claims process.
- Seek the medical attention you need as soon as you can.
- Consult with an experienced Locust Grove car accident attorney as soon as you are able to do so.
Don’t Put off Consulting with a Locust Grove Car Accident Lawyer Today
The Locust Grove car accident attorneys at the law offices of Ben F. Windham, PC, take great pride in helping clients like you obtain the compensation to which they are entitled and that they need to reach optimal physical and financial recovery. Our legal team is on your side, so please don’t wait to contact us online or call us at 833.236.9467 to schedule a free consultation today.