What is Considered Sexual Harassment in the Workplace?
Experiencing sexual harassment at work is a traumatizing experience for the victim. Not only could their employment be compromised, but they may experience feelings of fear, anxiety, anger, and depression. Sexual harassment is a serious issue and if you or a loved one have been the subject of this abuse, you deserve counsel from a seasoned legal professional. Ben F. Windham, P.C. is well-versed in this type of law and his team is here to fight for justice on your behalf.
There are several examples of sexual harassment in the workplace including, but not limited to:
- Inappropriate touching including rubbing, pinching, or patting
- Sending letters, notes, emails, or other forms of communication that are suggestive in nature
- Making sexual comments regarding an employee’s appearance or clothing
- Sharing sexual stories or telling lewd jokes
- Making sexual gestures towards other employees
- Inquiring about someone’s sexual history, current sexual habits, or his/her sexual orientation
- Using derogatory names for employees based on their sexual orientation
- Displaying offensive or inappropriate sexual images or posters in the workplace
- Sharing pornography or salacious gifts with employees
These are just a few examples of sexual harassment, so if you believe you have been harassed, it is important to consult with a knowledgeable attorney. You are entitled to a work environment that is free from this type of behavior and abuse.
Are you dealing with sexual harassment at your job? Reach out to the legal team at Ben F. Windham, P.C. in Atlanta to speak with one of our experienced sexual harassment attorneys and schedule your free consultation.