Jonesboro Lyft Accident Attorney
Lyft and other rideshare companies have made getting around more convenient than ever before. Lyft accidents, however, happen, and they can be very serious and very complicated. If you’re injured in a Lyft accident, you need the professional legal counsel of an experienced Lyft accident lawyer in Jonesboro on your side.
Lyft carefully structured itself to avoid liability for accidents at all costs, and as such, its drivers are contract workers and not employees of the company. Further, the only qualifications a Lyft driver needs is a valid driver’s license and a brief background check. This means that when you hop in a Lyft, your driver may or may not be up to the task of getting you to your final destination safely. And Lyft drivers have plenty to contend with, including:
- Lyft drivers are guided by the Lyft app, which they must interact with while behind the wheel.
- Lyft drivers are not commercial drivers, and as such, may not be familiar with the area in which they’re picking you up or dropping you off.
- Lyft drivers must make frequent stops, which leaves them more susceptible to dangerous accidents.
The Insurance Company
If you’re injured in a Lyft accident, the issue of insurance is – at best – confusing, but the basics include:
- The Lyft company’s insurance is in play if the Lyft driver had a passenger or was on the way to pick up a passenger at the time of the accident.
- The Lyft company and/or the Lyft driver’s insurance will come into effect if the driver is on the app but has no passengers.
- The Lyft driver’s personal car insurance applies if he or she isn’t on the Lyft app at the time of the accident.
It’s Time to Consult with an Experienced Lyft Accident Lawyer in Jonesboro Today
The dedicated Jonesboro Lyft accident attorneys at Ben F. Windham, PC, have the experience, commitment, and drive to skillfully advocate on behalf of your claim’s optimal resolution. We care about your case, so please don’t hesitate to contact us online or call us at 833.236.9467 today.